Sunday, April 10, 2016

How Funny Was This 'Jeopardy' Mistake?

Every once in a while, Jeopardy pleases the hardball-loving folks on the Internet with a baseball-related clue or category. For instance, Yogi Berra came up in a Final Jeopardy clue a couple weeks ago, to the delight of fans all over.

Well, today, I have a real treat for lovers of Jeopardy and baseball.

In an episode at the end of February, a contestant named Suzy Law got an answer hilariously wrong. Well, it was hilarious to me as a diehard baseball fan, at least. The category was "Hard-throwing Pitchers" and the question was pretty straightforward.


Easy, right? Well, Suzy... Suzy... I guess I'll just let you watch how Suzy answered.



GOLD!

Maybe I'm being a bit of a baseball snob here, but I still can't quite wrap my head around the awfulness of Suzy's response. I don't understand why she would have buzzed in if she didn't even know Dennis Ezzerley/Eckersley's name. She had no chance of getting that clue correct. We should just thank God Jill was there to bail Suzy out with the correct "Randy Johnson" answer at the end.

It was my favorite sports-related incorrect Jeopardy answer since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hall of Fame-caliber misstep:


"Dennis Ezzerley" will live on forever, next to Kareem's gutter-brained answer, as one of the best incorrect responses I've ever heard.


If you want to subscribe to How Blank, just type in your email address on the right side of the page. You'll get a notification every time we post new content.

Follow Francis Tolan on Twitter @frantweet

No comments:

Post a Comment