Sunday, August 23, 2015

How Did John Sterling Call Greg Bird's First Homers?

I meant to put up a post about this as soon as the Yankees promoted Greg Bird to the big leagues, but a vacation to Cape Cod and my former traveling buddy Ken's wedding prevented me from writing it. Just as I've been doing all season, I was planning on predicting John Sterling's home run call for Bird. My post about Sterling's "uproarious" call of Didi Gregorius's dingers got a bunch of traffic, so obviously I'm not the only idiot who cares about Sterling's self-serving, obnoxious, entertaining verbal ejaculations. But alas, the 22-year-old Bird went deep twice last Wednesday, completely beating me to the punch.

Quite inconsiderate timing by Bird, I must say.

For what it's worth, I was hoping Sterling would pay homage to Family Guy and annoyingly sing "Bird is the word" over and over again.


Instead, Sterling went with a solid "Bye Bye Birdie" call for the rookie's round-trippers. On the scale of 1 to "Gardy goes yardy," Sterling's newest home run call warrants a score of 7. Good work there by Jawn.


If you want to subscribe to How Blank, just type in your email address on the right side of the page. You'll get a notification every time we post new content.

Follow Francis Tolan on Twitter @frantweet

No comments:

Post a Comment