Wednesday, June 3, 2015

How Nicely Did Garrett Keep up with the Joneses?

I have to admit it. This one was easier to forecast than the fact that Caitlyn Jenner will star in a new reality show. But still, I nailed this one. Before the season started, here's something I predicted:

"Now, let's look at some of the Yankees' new arrivals and try to predict how [John] Sterling will call their home runs:

Garrett Jones: 'Garrett keeps up with the Joneses!'"


While I missed the target a little bit with Sterling's calls of Didi Gregorius dingers, I nailed the announcer's Jones call. Here's what Sterling exclaimed after the lefty smashed a three-run homer in the eleventh to put the Yankees ahead for good on Tuesday night:

(Start at the 0:47 mark.)

Sterling's exact call: "Garrett, keeping up with the Joneses! He leaves his Garrett and drills a three-run home run..."

So I guess I should've written "keeping" instead of "keeps." Other than that, I'm on to you, John Sterling. And Garrett kept up with the Joneses again on Wednesday afternoon, hitting another go-ahead homer in a Yankees win. Just another day of keeping up with the Joneses, whatever the hell that means.



If you want to subscribe to How Blank, just type in your email address on the right side of the page. You'll get a notification every time we post new content.

Follow Fran Tolan on Twitter @frantweet and follow Brian Kavanaugh @btkav

No comments:

Post a Comment