Saturday, September 13, 2014

How Is Another Football Season Already Well Underway?

I can't believe that it's Week 2 of the NFL and Week 3 of college football this weekend. Football wore its sneakers this year and sneaked up on me. Even though I've already been out to one Notre Dame game, I still haven't done a true American sit-on-your-couch-and-drink-and-eat-until-your-ass-has-bedsores weekend. But that's about to change!

To get myself pumped up for football, I went back and read How Blank's odes to the pigskin from last fall. I've linked to them below and included the best line from each post and something that I'd add this year.

Kavanaugh: How Does Football Season Change Your Life?
Best line: "As nice as capitalizing on the warm weather was, doing nothing is Sunday as God intended it."
New Addition: Despite incessant scandals, Roger Goodell's NFL continues to provide us with a worthy distraction four days a week.

FranT: How Does the Start of College Football Make Me Feel?
Best line: "[College football] makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. It really does."
New Addition: College football makes me feel like there's nothing better than homie-stomping Michigan.

I'm sure you enjoyed the posts, but I also hope you didn't turn your eyes away from football coverage to read them. Now rub some ointment on your bedsores, check your fantasy team, and enjoy the weekend!



If you want to subscribe to How Blank, just type in your email address on the right side of the page. You'll get a notification every time we post new content.

Follow FranT on Twitter at @frantweet and follow Brian Kavanaugh at @btkav

1 comment: