Tuesday, May 6, 2014

How Many TV Man-Crushes Have I Had Since Jack Bauer Last Left Me?

Five. Before Monday night, 24 had last aired on May 24, 2010. Here is my quintet of recent TV man-crushes, in no particular order:

1. Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
Jesse had me crushin' the first time I heard him exclaim "Bitch!"
2. Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
He's adorable, cunning, adorable, funny, and adorable.
3. Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)
A man's man. Ron loves steak, hates the government, and sports a truly impressive 'stache. Also, I think he'd give Jack Bauer more of a fight than any of these other guys. (Meaning it might take Jack at least five seconds to snap Ron's neck.)
4. Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)
He's a good father and successful real estate agent, but he never takes himself too seriously. Oh, and he always stays fit.
5. Nick Miller (New Girl)
I'd get along well with Nick -- we're both dirtbags who don't mind a few cocktails.

I was already over some of those guys before Monday night, but a few of my TV man-crushes got dumped hard with the return of 24. As you might have learned on Twitter, Jack is back...





...and, man, he looked phenomenal.

Jack didn't speak until we were more than 40 minutes into Episode 1, but his first two lines were throwbacks. When he finally talked, we heard "Take me to her. Now!" and "You know who I am. Trigger an alarm and I'll blow your head off."

(I won't spoil any more of the show for you.)

Needless to say, I enjoyed the first two installments of this 12-episode season as much as Chloe O'Brian enjoys proving people wrong. It looks like I've got a date with my old flame Jack for the next 10 Monday nights. Can't wait.


If you want to subscribe to How Blank, just type in your email address on the right side of the page. You'll get a notification every time we post new content.

Follow FranT on Twitter at @frantweet and follow Brian Kavanaugh at @btkav

No comments:

Post a Comment