Saturday, March 15, 2014

How Could I Omit "Michael vs. Toby"?

The other day I wrote a post about the most contentious TV rivalries ever, and the missus was not pleased. "How could you leave out Michael and Toby?" she asked me. In order to avoid ending up divorced like Toby, here's what I would've (and should've) written:

Michael Scott vs. Toby Flenderson (The Office)
This is about as much of a true rivalry as the Harlem Globetrotters-Washington Generals series. Like the Globetrotters, Michael always wins. From mean-spirited divorce jokes to cracks about Toby killing the fun in the office, Michael just constantly abuses the head of human resources.




As with the Homer Simpson-Ned Flanders dynamic, no matter how hard Toby tries to be nice, Michael can't tolerate him.


There was also this, which I imitate every time the summer ends and a new school-year begins:


So, yeah, this rivalry should have made my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment