Monday, January 13, 2014

How Obliverated Was My Sister?

We went out for a few drinks yesterday afternoon, and my sister T was telling a story about college. Midway through the story, she said that her friend had gotten "completely obliverated."

"Obliverated?" I asked, as did my buddy Kevin and T's friend Lauren.

"What's the word supposed to be?" T responded, with genuine confusion in her voice.

Needless to say, we dropped the word "obliverated" into pretty much every conversation we had the rest of the day. It reminded me of Mike Tyson's classic "fade into bolivian" quote.

Anyways, I'm sure T will hate me for posting this story, but I think that's what older brothers are for -- obliverating your self-esteem.

2 comments:

  1. I'm confused.. what's wrong with obliverated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I hope so. I also suspect that you aren't, which is pretty funny. Google "obliverated."

      Delete