Thursday, January 23, 2014

How Could You Do That to Bacon?

There are pictures going around the Internet of a Chinese apartment building with bacon hung on all the balconies. The Website kotaku.com, which apparently is some sort of video gamer hotspot, re-posted a bunch of photos of the dastardly deed.



It got me thinking about Ronmer Swimpson, a mix of Ron Swanson and Homer Simpson that I created in a blizzard-induced fit of boredom a few weeks ago. Basically, Ronmer is the ideal man -- funny, lazy, government-hating, lazy, beer-loving, lazy, etc.

The Homer part of Ronmer's personality has this to say about bacon (from the Royal Bacon Society):
--“Porkchops and bacon, my two favorite animals.”
--“When you’re in my house, you shall do as I do and believe who I believe in. So Bart, butter your bacon.”


And the Ron portion of the personality says this (from Quotational.com):
--"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have... Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.' Do you understand?"



(I love it when April gets in on the act.) 

Apparently, Chinese bacon is air-cured instead of smoked. Still, with all the smog in Chinese cities, I'm pretty sure Ronmer wouldn't approve of that mistreatment of the "magical animal" known as the pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment