Top 10 Christmas Songs
Because so many versions of this song deserve to be on the list, but I like this one the best.
9. "Fairytale of New York" (The Pogues)
Because it's not quite as cheerful as the other songs on this list. And also, who wouldn't want to spend Christmas Eve in the drunk tank?
8. "Linus and Lucy" (A Charlie Brown Christmas)
Because this song perked us up three times last week as we drove through the hills of Pennsylvania.
7. "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" (John Lennon)
Because it's the only positive thing in which Yoko ever participated.
6. "Wonderful Christmastime" (Paul McCartney)
Because I like Paul just a little bit better than John.
5. "White Christmas" (Bing Crosby)
Because snow and Christmas go together like lamb and tunafish.
4. "Frosty the Snowman" (Gene Autry)
Because who doesn't shed a tear when Frosty melts?
"Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" (A Charlie Brown Christmas)
Because Linus knows the true meaning of Christmas.
2. "The Little Drummer Boy" (Bob Seger)
Because of this line: "I am a poor boy too, ba rum bu bu bum."
1. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (Bruce Springsteen)
Because I love the thought of Santa landing on the boardwalk next to the ocean during the dead of winter. Oh, and because it's The Boss.
Honorable Mention (Courtesy of my wife Kerry)
Kerry: "Because Dolly Parton gives everyone two good reasons to like all of her songs."*
*Boobs. She's talking about boobs.
"Christmas in New York" (Shilelagh Law)
Kerry: "Because I don't know how Fran forgot this one."