Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How Badly Will I Suck at Twitter?

I know Twitter is supposed to be user-friendly, but this is coming from a guy that never joined MySpace, had to be coaxed onto Facebook, and has a phone that looks like this:


I wouldn't call myself technologically illiterate, just a little slow.


But I am 26 and I do have an iPad, so I'm planning on developing a devastating Twitter game. One of my favorite novelists, Kurt Vonnegut, ends his masterpiece Slaughterhouse-Five with the question "Poo-tee-weet?" My answer: Yes, Kurt; after work I always pooh, and now I'll certainly tee-weet.

I've been beaten to Twitter by the likes of Stan Lee, the Dalai Lama, Pope Benedict XVI and my brother-from-another-mother Pope Francis. Still, I'd like to think that I'm just fashionably late to the party. And even if my devastating Twitter game never develops, at least you won't have to suffer through long blogposts, just 140-character bits of nonsense at a time.

Follow me at @frantweet12.

No comments:

Post a Comment