Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How Would These TV Characters Interact?

Kavanaugh wrote an entertaining post about hypothetical interactions among characters from Seinfeld and The Office the other day. At the end he said, "This is a list that in theory could go on for awhile so I'd love to hear some more and eventually we can get a Part 2 going." Despite his clear disdain for the use of commas, I decided to take him up on the idea for a Part 2.

The two plot twists from Seinfeld and The Office that I would want to see:

1. Todd Packer and David Puddy share their misogynistic views.
Kavanaugh mostly focused on the main characters in his post, but he and I also share a love for the minor personalities on both shows. Packer and Puddy are two of my favorites. Just a couple moronic, meat-headed dudes. I would actually find it interesting to see Packer's reaction to a Puddy request for a high five. Would he give Puddy five, or would he call him a queer? The world needs to know the answer to questions like these.




George and Darryl discuss how to work as little as possible.
One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes is "The Nap," in which George basically creates an apartment under his desk. Darryl prides himself on playing hoops on company time and working as little as possible, but I have a feeling George could teach him a thing or two.


After mulling over these Seinfeld/The Office interactions, I remembered an article I read a few weeks ago about an upcoming crossover episode of The Simpsons and Family Guy. And since I'm not a huge fan of short blog posts, I decided to expand this biotch.

Here are some other TV interactions that would be awesome:

Steve Urkel (Family Matters) and Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)
It would be mesmerizing to watch Barney teach Steve to "suit up" and finally bag Laura Winslow. Also, I'm pretty sure Barney and Steve would exchange a David Puddy-level high five after Steve got lucky, pointed at the girl, and said "Did I do that?"


Basically, Barney would make Steve even cooler than Stefan Urquelle.



Zack Morris (Saved by the Bell) and Topanga Lawrence (Boy Meets World)
I've written before about my boyhood crush on Topanga. Having said that, I also always wanted to be Zack Morris. In fact, I'm still sort of keeping that dream alive with my current cell phone.


Sean Hunter (Boy Meets World) and Kelly Kapowski (Saved by the Bell)
In a corrolary to the previous hypothetical, Rider Strong would absolutely steal T.A.T. from Zack. The '90s cell phone can't compete with Sean's leather jacket.

Saul Goodman (Breaking Bad) and Lionel Hutz (The Simpsons)
I'm not quite sure how a crossover between a live-action show and a cartoon would work*, but these two schmuck attorneys are both great parodies of America's obsession with lawsuits. It would be hilarious to see them team up to unethically win a huge settlement for Homer or Walt.

*Oh wait, it would work just like this.



Red Forman (That '70s Show) and Kris Kardashian (Keeping Up with the Kardashians)
I was going to hypothetically sic Gemma Teller from Sons of Anarchy on Kris, but I'm pretty sure Gemma would kill her. Instead, we'll just let Red call her a dumbass until she cries.


That's it for now, but I'm sure Kavanaugh and I won't be able to resist a few more follow-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment