Tuesday, May 28, 2013

How Hilarious are Local Ads?

I was watching TV earlier tonight and was amazed by the stupidity of the commercials for local businesses. I guess this isn't exactly a revelation, but it was jarring to me because I usually go on my iPad during commercial breaks. (I'm a dork, I know.) In the span of two commercial breaks, I saw ads for ambulance-chasing attorneys (standard), Bob's Discount Furniture (corny), and -- of course -- North End Wine and Liquor. If you don't live in or near the Bronx, you're probably unfamiliar with North End Wine and Liquor ads, but I know all of the characters. There's Fernando, an insane Hispanic party animal. There's also his evil cousin Juan Carlo, who pretends he's Fernando and ruins your party. Here's a sample of what some of you have been missing:




And I didn't know this before, but apparently they also run these ads in Spanish. Fernando gives members of every race an equal opportunity to get hammered.



As good as the commercials were this afternoon, though, no local ad can ever top the one in the "Local Ad" episode of The Office.


Sorry I've been bombarding you with so many clips from The Office lately, but Michael Scott's commercial is awesome. "Good news travels at the speed of time." Truer words have never been spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment