Saturday, February 23, 2013

How Wimpily Painful are Papercuts?

Apparently, wimpily isn't really a word, but I'm going to use it anyway and play this post under protest.

Anyways, I got a papercut--technically, a foldercut--at work yesterday and I'm embarrassed by how poorly I took it. The wound is so small that I couldn't even get it to show up in a photo on my iPad. Still, though, the damn thing was painful. When I brought it up at the bar, there were a bunch of people that agreed with me about the "throbbing pain" that accompanies the papercut. Looking back on it this morning, I think we should all just say a silent prayer of thanksgiving that our country hasn't had a military draft in over a generation.

I'm sure my friends and and I aren't alone in treating the papercut like a mortal wound. The present-day legends from Linkin Park wrote a whole song called "Papercut." Here are a few of the lyrics:

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head

Amen, boys. I'd rather be wading through the rice paddies of Vietnam in the '70s than dealing with this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment